Welcome to Text A Librarian. Please read all of the instructions below. If you have any other questions call 327-1490 ex.3008.
Announcing our new Alerts feature - read below.
How do I start if I don't have a question?
- Text our keyword, oplib, to 66746. You will get the response: Success!. Then follow the instructions on the text to save the number to your phone.
How do you ask a question?
- Come up with a question that you need answered by a Librarian.
- Send your question to 66746 (MOSIO phone number), starting with your keyword
Format to use when asking a question:
- Each Microboard has its own keyword. Ours is oplib.
- Text the correct keyword followed by your question to 66746.
- For example:
- OPPL Keyword: oplib
- Patron question: How many books are available on dog training?
- Patrons send in following text to 66746:
oplib How many books are available about dog training?
- Question will appear on the reference desk Microboard.
- Answer will be sent back to your cell phone as a text message.
- You can respond to the answer for clarification. Response will be associated with the original question on the Microboard.
Want to get Alerts? Alerts is a new service that will allow the library to occasionally send you important information, like holiday closings, emergency closings, and so on. This is an opt-in service only. After you are registered you must txt us the word Alerts.
- If you are already registered: Open your Text or Message screen, depending on the type of phone you have. Pick 66746 (or however you saved us) from your contacts. Then type in the word Alerts in the message area and send it. You will now be registered for getting alerts.
- If you are registering for the first time: Text oplib to 66746 to register. When your registration message comes back type in Alerts and send. You will now be registered for both texting questions and getting alerts.
- To opt-out of the service: You may opt-out of the service at any time by texting STOP to 66746.
- You can save the number 66746 into your phone to make asking future questions easier and quicker.
- The number can be saved in your phone under any name. Example: Text a Librarian, OPPL, etc.
- Once you have asked a question and been registered on the microboard you will no longer have to type oplib before your question. The microboard will remember you by a randomly assigned number. No one will ever know who you are or what your phone number is.
- You can text your questions.
- Please be sure to use proper texting and Internet etiquette or your number may be blocked!
Message & Data Rates May Apply. Text STOP to 66746 to opt-out. Text HELP to 66746 for help.
back to top